Motor Vehicle

Lacie A. Bennett
Dawson County Treasurer
Dawson County Courthouse
207 West Bell St.
Glendive, MT  59330
Phone: (406) 377-3026
Fax: (406) 377-1717

Find us on Facebook!
Click here




Vehicle Title and Registration

brick - Copy (2)

If titling a vehicle customer will need to be in the office by 4:00 p.m.

Titling paperwork will be sent to the treasurer’s office from your dealer.
If you are purchasing from a private individual the following paperwork will be required:

  1. Montana Title or
  2. Out of State Title or
  3. Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO)
  4. Copy of loan contract (if applicable)
  5. Any other applicable supporting documents. 

New residents may use a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration from their former state for up to 30 days. (Proof of residency in Dawson County must still be provided).

New residents of Dawson County must provide proof of residency.
Acceptable documents include:

- Unexpired Montana Driver's License or Identification Card with current physical address
- Current Utility Bill
- Lease / Rental Agreement
- Mail Postmarked listing your name and physical address, not more than 30 days old
- Voter Registration Card

Vehicle renewals can be done at the County Treasurer’s office between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. by check, cash or credit card, by mail renewal or on the Merlin Online Renewal system.

Mail Renewal: Send reminder card from State of MT or registration and $1 per registration mailing fee.

Online Renewal: You must have your renewal card or registration available.  This service is only available if your information has remained the same.  If your address is not current, you may NOT utilize the online renewal system. Tabs and registration receipts will be mailed the following day after correct payment has been received. 
Click here to renew online.