Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
Dawson Community Airport
Thank you for your interest in the FY2018-2020 Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal Methodology for the Dawson Community Airport. The draft goal for FY2018-2020 projects is 3.71% race neutral.
Please click here to access the Draft Goal Methodology Calculations. If you are interested in commenting on the goal methodology, please email your comments to email@example.com and provide your contact information.
Section 26.1, 26.23 Objectives/Policy Statement
Dawson County, owner of Dawson Community Airport, has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. Dawson County has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, Dawson County has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26 (hereafter referred to as “Part 26”).
It is the policy of Dawson County to ensure that DBEs as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT–assisted contracts. It is also Dawson County’s policy to engage in the following actions on a continuing basis:
1. Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT- assisted contracts;
2. Create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
3. Ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. Ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5. Help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts;
6. Promote the use of DBEs in all types of federally assisted contracts and procurement activities;
7. Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE Program; and
8. Make appropriate use of the flexibility afforded to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.
Craig Hostetler, Airport Manager, has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, Craig Hostetler is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Dawson County in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
Dawson County has disseminated this policy statement to Dawson County Commission and all of the components of our organization. This statement has been distributed to DBE and non-DBE business communities that may perform work on Dawson County DOT-assisted contracts. The distribution was accomplished by posting on our website www.dawsoncountymontana.org.
Dawson County Commissioners